Maximize The Longevity of Cermamic Coating
It is a well known fact among all nano ceramic coating manufacturers that ceramic coating offers a variety of benefits for cars.
It is a well known fact among all nano ceramic coating manufacturers that ceramic coating offers a variety of benefits for cars. It protects them from environmental damage like UV rays, acid rain, bird droppings, industrial pollutants, tree sap etc. Not only that, ceramic coatings also give a long-lasting glossy finish to cars and maintain the showroom shine of your car.
The task isn’t done after getting ceramic coating applied to your car. It is important to maintain the ceramic coating of your car and a lot of effort and care go into it. If you want to make the coating last longer there are some things you can do. The maintenance of the ceramic coating is a three-fold process.
First 72 Hours
According to ceramic coating manufacturers in India, the first 72 hours after you apply the ceramic coating on your car are the most crucial. It is during this time that you need to take the most care of the coat and shield it from damage. -
- Avoid touching the car as it might damage the freshly applied coat.
- Avoid exposing your car to dirt and other pollutants. Therefore it might be a good idea to park it in a covered area.
- Protect your car from water. So, avoid washing your car as well.
First Two Weeks
Nano ceramic coating manufacturers suggest that the ceramic coating reaches its full potential of 9H hardness during the period of next 14 days.
- Avoid using chemical substances on your car like shampoos and soaps.
- Keep your car away from industrial areas and shield it from sunlight.
- Keep your car clean and get rid of any bird droppings, tree sap etc.
After Two Weeks
Once you cross the threshold of the first two weeks, you can be relaxed. However, ceramic coating manufacturers in India suggest that you still need to take care of your car’s ceramic coating. Mentioned below are a few tips on how to make that possible.
- Wash your car only once in two weeks. Excessive washing can cause the coating to wear out.
- Avoid automatic washes for your car because they are too harsh and can cause scratches on the surface.
- Hand-wash your car by using gentle and straight top to bottom movements to avoid scratch marks from dragging the dirt from the bottom of your car to the top.
- Low pH soaps and shampoos are acidic and can corrode the ceramic coating. Try opting for pH neutral soaps and shampoos that are formulated specially for cars.
- Avoid using harsh and abrasive brushes to wash your car as they can cause scratches on the surface of your car. Use microfiber mitts to wash your car since they will be more gentle.
- Try the two bucket method by taking separate buckets for soapy water and normal water. Dip the brush in soapy water and gently scrub the car. Dip the brush in normal water and repeat.
- Gently wipe your car dry instead of leaving it for air-drying since the latter might leave stains of water on the surface of your car.
- Always use a clean cloth or brush to scrub your car while washing it. The tiny dust particles on a dirty cloth can cause micro scratches on the coating.
- Don’t wash your car in the sunlight. Instead, clean it in a shaded area. The soap and water will dry faster under the sun and will leave streaks and stains behind.
- Even if you are using the two-bucket method, use a separate bucket to wash the wheels of your car.
- You can also add another layer of ceramic or graphene coating to protect the base coat of your car.
Most people have the misconception that once they get the ceramic coating applied on their car they don’t have to take care of it anymore. However, as nano ceramic coating manufacturers advise, negligence can cause the ceramic coating to deteriorate faster than you expect it to.
While ceramic coatings last very long, you need to provide the right care to them for that to happen.